Agenda as of August 28th, more updates coming soon...
Aspiring Day Agenda
Inviting spaces, delicious breakfasts, and entrepreneurship — oh, my! If you often find yourself daydreaming about your future as a small lodging owner, you can’t miss the second annual AIHP Aspiring Day at the 2020 Knowledge Sharing Summit & Marketplace.
Join us Sunday, February 23rd, 2020 for a full day of educational sessions and a networking lunch to connect with the AIHP Board of Directors — be sure to bring your questions! Then stick around to join the rest of the industry on Monday, February 24th for the 2020 Summit General Session and the opening of the nation’s largest industry Marketplace. Find inspiration, meet the AIHP Allied Partners, and enjoy the Marketplace Reception with more opportunities to network, learn from the best, and enjoy a lively evening of fun!
A Welcome to the Independent Lodging Industry and its Many Players
Presented by Rob Fulton, CEO AIHP
"Hosted Lodging". Defining the different types of hosting: bed and breakfast, self-catered and hybrid models.
- How we influence our guests to get them to come back and stay again.
- How innkeepers may look at vacation rentals as a way to augment their room inventory by an expansion of individual rooms or whole homes and mixing hosting methods to achieve a balance for their business.
- Choosing one or more options for your business
Creating Your Business Model
- Different model examples for industry segments
- Who are your guests and where will they travel to - it’s all about location
- Tracking your options and your ideas as they grow and change
Today’s Traveler and The Winning Guest Experience
Panel or round table discussion
Hospitality Marketing 101
- defining the terms and the players
- The options available to you from local networking to social media
- How technology drives the travel industry
- Channel management, OTA's, integrated marketing strategies.
Networking Lunch with AIHP Board of Directors
Afternoon Breakout Sessions
Round table discussions will vary and cover topics targeted at property managers, STR hosts, full service or larger Innkeepers, b&b’s. Using experienced innkeepers and A/P’s to moderate a lively discussion and pass on their experience.
Wrap Up and Q&A